The BAFRINO Specialist, individual responsible for the Mid- Atlantic region, is responsible for representing Champion Petfoods, and ACANA and ORIJEN brands, to retail and distribution partners. The BAFRINO Specialist builds partnership with retailers and distributors by understanding and supporting their businesses and inspiring them with our Vison: To Be Trusted by Pet Lovers Worldwide, and our Mission: the BAFRINO mandate, as well as to build trust and uphold Champion’s incredible reputation.
Posted On: Thu Feb 02, 2017
Location: Remote Office
Careers at Champion Petfoods
BAFRINO Specialist: Mid-Atlantic Territory Sales Representative
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver inspired education and training to distributor sales team, retail partners, and consumers.
- Advocate the companies Vision-Mission-Values.
- Be the BAFRINO expert.
- Establish and maintain trusting relationships with distributor and retail partners.
- Generate brand awareness, increase sales, and boost customer engagement.
- Work directly with retail partners in a set geographic territory.
- Work shows and weekend events that engage and educate consumers on the ORIJEN and ACANA brands.
- Educate and Train retail staff on BAFRINO and the attributes of each product in the Champion portfolio.
- Conduct inspiring and informative demonstrations that gives consumers a complete understanding of product features and benefits.
- Implement Champion’s merchandising and branding standards.
- Ride-a-long with Distributor Sales Representatives.
- Conduct sales call reports filled out daily and reported to the Region Manager weekly.
- Work with the Region Manager on scheduling and prioritizing.
- Be aware of competitor’s offerings from both the consumer and retailer point of view.
- Perform other duties, as required or assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- Industry and product knowledge, honesty and trust are requisite.
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE – all aspects of ACANA and ORIJEN foods including Retailer Value Proposition (RVP) and key points of difference from competitor products.
- COMPETITOR KNOWLEDGE – advantages and disadvantages of all competitor product offerings from consumer and retailer POV.
- CUSTOMER KNOWLEDGE – understand how quality and value is determined by our retail customers.
- INDUSTRY KNOWELDGE – consumer, retailer and industry trends and how they affect our products and market.
- Post-secondary education, with a focus in Sales, Marketing, or a related field.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge base regarding product, competitors, customers, and market activities.
- Mathematical abilities to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, volumes, etc., and to manage abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be a self-starter, and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills, with ability to conduct training and education seminars for small and large groups of people.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and good listening skills, with ability to work successfully with diverse groups as well as independently.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Adobe products.
- Flexibility to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Good driving record.
- Works out of a home-based office, with extensive travel; travelling allowances are provided, as per company policy.
- Extended hours of work and weekend work, as necessary
- Ability to conduct presentations and meetings.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15547161.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.