The Business Analyst (BA) gathers and interprets data, formulating reports and recommendations to facilitate data-supported decision making. This position is responsible for internal and external data analysis relating primarily to pricing, competition, market trends, foreign exchange and forecasting. The Business Analyst works out of our Yellowhead corporate office in northwest Edmonton, and reports to the Manager, Finance & Risk.
Posted On: Mon Jan 30, 2017
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze internal and external data to drive confident decision making.
- Timely and accurate reviews on new and existing products.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to predict, measure and interpret business trends.
- Complete scenario planning and sensitively analysis to measure the impact of strategic decisions.
- Present insights on a regular basis to the appropriate level of management.
- Perform other duties, as required or assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics or related professional designation.
- Minimum of two years’ experience.
- Strong Excel spreadsheet modeling skills (VBA a plus).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with other departments and key business partners.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work successfully with diverse groups, including ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback.
- Strong organizational abilities, including planning, prioritizing, and execution skills, with ability to successfully manage and complete projects on time.
- Effective time-management skills with ability to plan and prioritize in order to meet deadlines and achieve objectives, both independently and within a team environment
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Travel may be required.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15532991.