The Manager, Business Development, Europe is responsible for developing assigned regions of Europe and is fluent in Champion Petfoods’ BAFRINO mission and upholds our reputation of leadership and trust. This position is responsible for building partnerships with retailers and distributors by understanding and supporting their businesses and inspiring them with our vision, values, and BAFRINO mandate. The Manager, Business Development, Europe is a remote position, and requires extensive travel within Europe as well as travel at times to the Canada, United States (and possibly other countries). This role reports directly to the Sales Manager, Europe, Middle-East & Asia. We are looking for someone to fill this role in Spain, Czech Republic or Poland.
Posted On: Tue Mar 07, 2017
Location: Remote Office
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Business Development Manager, Europe
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build partnerships with distributors and retail partners in order to ensure goals and objectives are being met and that Pet Lovers in each country have access to Champion brands
- Drive the Business Planning process at the distributor level in order to have clear objectives and strategies
- Deliver inspired education and training to the distributor sales force and retail partners
- Help retail partners build their business with Acana and Orijen brands
- Implement Champion Petfoods’ merchandizing and branding standards
- Participate in shows and exhibitions in Europe
- Drive development and assist in implementing distributor strategic business plans
- Support merchandising, branding and pricing standards at the retail and distributor level
- Conduct market visits as required to work with distributor and retailer partners; prepare market visit reports detailing objectives and results
- Achieve sales quotas and targets, and report on deviations
- Assess market potential and distributor capability
- Perform other tasks as required or assigned
Education and Requirements:
- Product knowledge – gain expertize on Champion products as well as competitive brands in each market
- Industry knowledge - consumer, retailer and industry trends and how they affect our products and market.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- Proven track record in sales
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge base regarding product, competitors, customers, and market activities
- Mathematical abilities to calculate figures and amounts such as margin, markup, etc.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; good listening skills, with ability to work successfully with people of diverse backgrounds
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken; fluency in other languages are an asset
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Flexibility to travel at least 50% - 80% of the time
- Extended hours of work, as necessary
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15559821.