The Manager, Business Development, Latin America is responsible for developing assigned regions of Latin America and is fluent in Champion Petfoods’ BAFRINO mission and upholds our reputation of leadership and trust. This position is responsible for building partnerships with retailers and distributors by understanding and supporting their businesses and inspiring them with our vision, values, and BAFRINO mandate. The Manager, Business Development, Latin America is a remote position and requires extensive travel within Latin America as well as travel at times to the US (and possibly other countries). This role reports directly to the Latin America Sales Manager.
Posted On: Thu Jun 08, 2017
Location: Remote Office
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Business Development Manager, Latin America
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build partnerships with distributors in order to ensure goals and objectives are being met and that Pet Lovers in each country have access to Champion brands
- Drive the Business Planning process at the distributor level in order to have clear objectives and strategies
- Deliver inspired education and training to the distributor sales force and retail partners and be
- Help retail partners build their business with Acana and Orijen brands
- Implement Champion Petfoods’ merchandizing and branding standards
- Participate in shows and exhibitions in Latin America as well as in the US
- Drives development and assist in implementing distributor strategic business plans
- Support merchandising, branding and pricing standards at the retail and distributor level
- Conduct market visits as required to work with distributor and retailer partners; prepare market visit reports detailing objectives and results
- Achieve sales quotas and targets, and report on deviations
- Assess market potential and distributor capability
- Perform other tasks as required or assigned
Education and Requirements:
- Product knowledge – gain expertise on Champion products as well as competitive brands in each market
- Industry knowledge - consumer, retailer and industry trends and how they affect our products and market.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, or a related field.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge base regarding product, competitors, customers, and market activities
- Mathematical abilities to calculate figures and amounts such as margin, markup, etc.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; good listening skills, with ability to work successfully with people of diverse backgrounds
- Fluent in English, Spanish both written and spoken; fluency in Portuguese desired.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Flexibility to travel at least 50% - 60% of the time
- Works out of a home-based office with extensive travel; travel allowances are provided, as per company policy
- Extended hours of work, as necessary
- Ability to conduct presentations and meetings
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15608651.