The Commercial Services Administrative Assistant has primary responsibility to provide support services to all three commercial services portfolios—Canada, USA, and Export—in delivering their mandate of On-Time, Worry-Free Arrivals. The Commercial Services Administrative Assistant works out of our corporate office in North-West Edmonton, and reports to the Manager, Commercial Services.
Posted On: Wed Apr 19, 2017
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Commercial Services Administrative Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process sales orders, striving for 100% accuracy in order entry and, working in consultation and collaboration with other Commercial Services Co-ordinators, error-free documentation, certification, shipment and arrival times
- Maintain all record keeping in accordance with established corporate practices and procedures
- Provide daily USA and Canada support with a focus on getting orders shipped on-time, worry-free,
- Lead the FEDEX preparation for all export documents
- Daily Fish and Wildlife submissions
- Supporting the Invoicing print/scan process
- Prepare reports and/or manage special projects, as directed or assigned
- Develop and maintain successful professional working relationships with relevant corporate departments and distributor partners
- Develop awareness and understanding of corporate policies, practices and procedures regarding health and safety and the environment and commit to personal compliance with same
Education and Requirements:
- Grade 12 Diploma or GED equivalent, University degree is preferred
- 3 – 5 years’ related work experience providing opportunity to develop logistical knowledge and skills in a supply chain environment
- Strong customer service orientation and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work successfully with diverse groups
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and execute according to timelines, demonstrating attention to detail in all areas of work
- Solid computer literacy, including effective working skills with MS Office productivity suite, Great Plains ERP and Warehouse Management Systems
- Self-directed, with ability to work successfully both independently and within a team environment
- High level of integrity, accountability and respect for confidentiality
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Some extended hours of work may be required.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15587241.