The Customer Care Representative’s primary responsibility is to provide a positive memorable experience to every business contact encountered, both internally with relevant corporate departments and externally with distributors, retailers and Pet Lovers. Champion’s Customer Care Representatives are entrusted with the education of pet lovers in regards to our company and brands, and are required to liaise with Research & Innovation as well as Quality Assurance to troubleshoot problems, suggest appropriate diet solutions and to provide nutritional information. This position is key to providing customers with peace of mind and making Champion’s corporate vision of being trusted by pet-lovers a reality world-wide. The Customer Care Representative works out of our corporate office in North-West Edmonton, and reports to the Manager, Customer Care.
Posted On: Tue Mar 07, 2017
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Customer Care Representative
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commit to providing each contact with a positive, memorable experience; offering professional empathetic customer service that is knowledgeable, timely, friendly and caring.
- Efficiently handle day-to-day phone, e-mail and chat inquiries from our internal and external customers, maintaining established standards and delighting contacts.
- Follow SQF protocols for documenting and reporting customer concerns to Quality Assurance, providing information and resolution in accordance with Champion’s Standards.
- Work with the Customer Care team to meet annual performance objectives, meeting personal goals that support these objectives and reporting on progress in group meetings.
- Develop and maintain effective and timely communication practices with the Customer Care Manager in order to provide information for relevant reports.
- Conduct relevant research as required and requested by Customer Care Team Leader.
- Draft documentation and/or prepare statistical reports, as required or requested.
- Develop and demonstrate awareness of inquiry trends in order to prepare or update standard answers and FAQ’s.
- Assist the Team with offering staff training/product awareness sessions.
- Promote and support compliance with established Customer Care standards and assist in fostering a strong team support system by developing strong inter-relationships across corporate departments.
- Develop awareness and understanding of corporate policies, practices and procedures as they relate to health and safety and to the environment and commit to personal compliance with same.
- Perform other duties as required and requested.
Education and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED is required; a Certificate or Diploma in a related field is preferred.
- Experience with analyzing and resolving customer service and client issues.
- Ability to develop and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and with customers.
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation and objection handling skills.
- Animal nutrition experience with a technical background would be considered an asset.
- Strong focus on customer service, with demonstrated ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times.
- Self-directed, with ability to work successfully both independently and within a team environment.
- Proven data entry, data editing and typing skills, with attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Extremely strong and effective communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with diverse groups.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to co-ordinate and organize meetings, exhibits and other events.
- Love for animals!
- This position includes weekend shifts as we expand our department.
- Sunday- Thursday 8am- 5pm
- Tuesday- Saturday 8am- 5pm
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15560811.