The Data Analyst/ Report Writer will work closely with the Senior Database Administrator and is primarily responsible for master data administration, business intelligence support and report development within Champion Petfoods applicable information systems. This position is required to ensure that the integrity and suitability of data captured is maintained and reported in an effective and structured manner. Responsible for supporting Business Intelligence software including but not limited to; maintaining dimension structures and security, cube design and construction, report building and dashboarding. The Data Analyst/ Report Writer works out of our corporate office in North-West Edmonton, and reports to the Manager, Finance Reporting and Planning.
Posted On: Wed Mar 15, 2017
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Data Analyst/ Report Writer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer and maintain accurate data within the systems used by the master data team across a variety of systems.
- Support internal projects to ensure activities are completed within given timelines.
- Responsible for designing methods to store, analyze, utilize, and organize data. Monitor systems to ensure data accuracy. Build formula codes and data naming conventions.
- Conduct end-user requirement assessments to capture business process requirements and establish specifications required for reporting and dashboarding development.
- Provide database administration and business intelligence development and administration, utilizing Microsoft SQL Server technologies (DB, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS).
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance, indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports.
- Create enterprise data models from concept to logical and physical data models.
Education and Requirements:
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ related work experience, providing direct knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Business Intelligence Development, Visual Studio Development.
- Knowledge of and experience with SQL Server HA (high availability), SQL Server Replication, SQL Server Database Mirroring, and SQL Server Clustering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel, database design and analysis, client-server architecture, data modeling. Infor M3 knowledge is an asset.
- Ability to apply Framework Standards, ETL Standards, and Data Model Standards.
- Practical knowledge of database replication strategies, methodologies, processes, and tools, including recovery and storage management.
- Effective communication skills, fluent in English, both verbal and written, with ability to interpret the operational requirements of end users.
- Strong attention to detail, outstanding analytical and technical skills for report design and execution.
- Strong organizational abilities, including planning, prioritizing, and execution skills, with ability to successfully manage and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Working extended days and weekends as necessary.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15565831.