The Forecasting Analyst, under the Director, Operations, Planning & Performance, will primarily be responsible for providing forecasts and accurate targets using sales orders, distributor inventories, customer and sales contacts along with historical information. This individual will maintain rolling demand plans while monitoring sales to ensure availability. In addition, this position will be responsible for communicating results to key stakeholders.
Posted On: Wed Mar 29, 2017
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble distributor inventory information.
- Generate statistical forecast reports.
- Conduct demand planning meetings with sales and marketing staff.
- Participate in supply planning meetings with revised forecasts.
- Review wholesale velocity against forecasts and highlight variances.
- Review distributor inventory levels with sales teams.
- Maintain documentation and operating procedures for demand processes.
- Routinely seek the advice of peers and actively participate in projects that will advance the company.
- Collaborate with functional experts in order to facilitate and improve inventory best practices.
- Generate volume budget plans using sales history, as well as inputs from Marketing and Sales.
- Ensure that plans are followed as expected and develop corrective actions in conjunction with other related departments when variances are discovered.
- Maintain a positive relationship with external clients.
- Make recommendations for improving the role.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- 1-3 years’ experience in demand planning and forecasting.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention detail, and investigative skills.
- Able to prioritize, with effective time management and problem solving skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Proficient in demand problem software an asset.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Effectively communicate on a timely basis with internal departments.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Some extended hours of work may be required.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15565261.