The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for developing digital brand initiatives that connect us pet lovers and the people who serve them around the world. The Digital Marketing Manager oversees all digital communications, directly manages Champion’s web development team, works closely with Marketing and Communications to ensure messaging is aligned and on brand, and measures the performance and effectiveness of Champion’s digital presence and activities. The Digital Marketing Manager works out of our Yellowhead Corporate Office in North-West Edmonton, and reports to the Chief Brand Officer.
Posted On: Thu Feb 02, 2017
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Digital Marketing Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess CPF digital assets, as well as those of competitors and leading companies outside of the pet food sector.
- Review the 2016 DDB Social Audit and its potential for input into CPF digital strategy
- Develop and implement CPF Digital Strategy including;
- best practices in digital marketing, including benchmarks and measures
- implement and align digital channels and tactics (i.e. websites, content marketing, networking on social, e-commerce, search and social advertising, SEO, marketing automation, apps, media/blogger outreach, etc.).
- online content is current, accurate, and
- global web presence architecture and strategy
- aligning distributor and retailer digital assets with CPF brand objectives
- enhance brand presence through online story telling
- Identify new opportunities to use digital technology to enhance storytelling, as well as opportunities to enhance improve overall marketing mix: product, price, place, or promotion.
- Monitor and assess online rankings, blogs and other online influencers
- Oversees and directly manages Champion’s web development team
- Perform other duties as required, or assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- Detail oriented perfectionist, able to represent ACANA and ORIJEN in the digital world
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Understanding of basic brand building strategies
- Post-secondary education in Digital Media, Marketing, or related field, with minimum three years’ experience in a strategic marketing role.
- Understanding of basic branding and storytelling principles, such as target segmentation, category, value proposition, differentiation.
- Working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatible dynamic web, video and mobile web applications.
- Proficiency with SEO, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and social platforms.
- Basic knowledge of website design, html, search and social advertising, URL architecting, programmatic advertising, e-mail market, and e-commerce.
- Well-honed digital and web development capabilities.
- Deep understanding of the digital environment and evolving tools and platforms used to improve online user experience.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization best practices and standards as they related to web development.
- Knowledge of popular social media plugins, such as Facebook and Twitter, along with their relevant APIs.
- A portfolio showcasing a track record of creating strong HTML/CSS/JS interactive solutions.
- The ability to comfortably handle the demands of a fast-growing company and provide direction to other functional departments in the area of improving user interface development.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with very short timeframes and under high pressure.
- Ability to coach, train, support, mentor peers and other team members that this role directly oversees/manages.
- Ability to give and receive critique and respond with multiple solutions.
- Strong team player and leader with peers and Senior Management.
- Proactive attitude, demonstrated willingness to learn, and constant desire to improve
- Ability to attend and/or conduct presentations.
- Working extended days and weekends as necessary.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15540091.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.