The position of Extrusion Processing Assistant has responsibility for assisting in the set-up and operation of the extrusion process for the purpose of cooking and shaping ingredients into kibble, drying the kibble, fat coating, and cooling. This position is required to continually monitor quality and critical control point (CCP) measures to ensure product meets specified standards, as well as maintaining a clean work environment. This position will be responsible for tasks ancillary to and in support of the primary extrusion process.
Posted On: Mon May 01, 2017
Location: Morinville, Alberta, Canada
Salary: $20.25 / hr.
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Extrusion Processing Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with the Extrusion Process Technician to determine priorities for the shift.
- Perform required CCP product testing and maintain required Product Log Sheets in an accurate and timely manner, according to established practices and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Use our ERP system to issue, document, and inventory all related items in the Production department.
- Manage the dry and liquid dosing systems.
- Assist the Extrusion Process Technician in set-up and tear-down of equipment for sanitation and product change-overs.
- Identify food-safety concerns and perform actions appropriate for resolving them.
- Participate in annual physical inventory, as determined by the Company.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area according to established corporate policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Commit to personal compliance with the Company’s policies, practices, and procedures related to health and safety, food safety, and the environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Two to three years’ experience operating food processing equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude and adept with tools and equipment.
- Certification and/or ability to operate a forklift would be an asset.
- Strong sense of logic and problem solving skills, with attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to accurately complete required paperwork.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Good basic physical fitness with ability to lift heavy loads.
- Working conditions are in a pet food production environment.
- Shift work required (12-hour, 4-on/4-off rotation).
- Overtime may be required.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15545341.