The position of Extrusion Processing Technician has primary responsibility for the set-up and operation of the extrusion process for the purpose of cooking and shaping ingredients into kibble, drying the kibble, fat coating, and cooling. This position is required to continually monitor quality and CCP measures to ensure product meets specified standards. The Extrusion Processing Technician works out of our Morinville Kitchens, and reports to the Production Team Leader and the Shift Supervisor, Production.
Posted On: Thu Jun 15, 2017
Location: Morinville, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Extrusion Processing Technician
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with the Production Team Leader and the Production Shift Supervisor to determine scheduled production runs and associated extrusion requirements.
- Operate extrusion processing and drying equipment in a safe and efficient manner, continually monitoring targets regarding protein, fat, temperature, moisture, read-outs, dryer, etc., and making necessary adjustments to ensure finished product meets product and quality specifications.
- Perform required product testing and maintain required Product Log Sheets in an accurate and timely manner, according to established practices and SOPs.
- Utilize our ERP system to issue, document, and inventory all relatable items in the Production department.
- Lead and participate in set-up and tear-down sanitation processes.
- Participate in annual physical inventory as determined by the Company.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area according to established corporate policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Commit to personal compliance with the Company’s policies, practices, and procedures related to health and safety, food safety, and the environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two to three years’ experience operating food processing machinery.
- Mechanical aptitude and adept with tools and equipment.
- Certification and/or ability to safely operate a forklift would be an asset.
- Strong sense of logic and problem solving skills, with attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to accurately complete required paperwork.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic good physical fitness with ability to lift heavy loads.
- Shift work required.
- Overtime may be required.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15609411.