Champion Petfoods LP is looking for a detailed-oriented, flexible, and committed professional to fill the new position of Financial Analyst, Capacity Business Alignment.
The Financial Analyst, Capacity Business Alignment is the primary person responsible for planning, forecasting, tracking, analyzing and reporting, project and program financial data and results for Champion Petfoods major capital projects. This includes the analysis, documenting and reporting of variances to plan and providing key insights into budgetary risks and/or opportunities. The Financial Analyst, Capacity Business Alignment is responsible for supporting several projects through successful management of the financial analysis and reconciliation process and the implementation of project management financial controls. The Financial Analyst, Capacity Business Alignment works out of Edmonton, and reports to the Director, Capital Projects.
The Financial Analyst, Capacity Business Alignment is responsible for the following tasks:
- Responsible for providing key accounting and financial support to all members of the project team.
- Perform various financial analyses, such as reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Support preparation of budgets and forecasts to project and track financial metrics.
- Track expenditures and perform the receivable collection functions.
- Work directly with the Finance and Administration Department to effectively manage and track vendor payments within the contractual terms.
- Assist with the execution of Capacity Business Alignment Project Management Office (PMO) functional tasks, and support the production of a variety of management reports.
- Interact regularly with leaders at all levels to present various analyses, discuss recommendations and provide project financial advice.
- Understand and utilize standard processes for project management, quality management, and risk management.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar capacity with previous experience strongly desired in financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, payables management, fixed asset management and financial analysis.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed their CA or CMA designation.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and MS Office applications (Word, Access, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience in a financial role in a construction environment is an asset.
- Solid knowledge of accounting functions.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Flexible and able to prioritize tasks.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with high credibility at all levels of the organization.
- Must demonstrate flexibility, strong commitment to meeting deadlines, and solid decision-making skills.
- Self-motivator with ability to work independently.
Regular hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computer and peripherals. This position must be able to attend and/or conduct presentations and meetings. Overtime and weekend work may be required, and travel may be required.
Champion Petfoods LP offers a comprehensive compensation program, including:
- Competitive salary.
- Group benefits after a three-month waiting period, offering a Health Care Spending Account, Drug Card, and Lifestyle Account after one year of continuous employment.
- Employee Assistance Program, offered to employees right from their date of hire at no cost to the employee.
- RRSP/DPSP, eligible to employees after three months of continuous employment; Champion Petfoods will match 3% on an annual basis, up to a maximum of $4,000.
- Annual bonus incentive program, based on performance, target percentage fluctuate on an annual basis.
- Accrual of three weeks’ vacation after one year of continuous employment.
- Forty-eight hours of discretionary time, for employees who need to take a sick day or have an appointment scheduled.
- Half-price pet food for employees’ own pets, and one free bag of cat or dog food per month once the employee completes three months of continuous employment.
Makers of Biologically Appropriate dog and cat food, made from Fresh Regional Ingredients, and Never Outsourced! Our BA.FRI.NO Mission is our way of life. Champion Petfoods is a world-renowned company known for making a quality product, shipping to over 70 countries around the world. We offer a stable and dynamic work environment, with excellent opportunities for career advancement for employees who have what it takes.
Champion Petfoods started as a family run organization in 1985, and to this day we retain many of those family-oriented values. We are a team, working together to enhance the lives of dogs and cats everywhere.