The Fresh Meat Operator (FMO) has primary responsibility for following an established formula to mix fresh ingredients with dry ingredient to be made into kibble. This position operates a forklift to add fresh ingredients into the Cozzini blending equipment, and is responsible for the accurate completion of paperwork and use of our ERP system to manage fresh ingredients inventory.
Posted On: Wed May 10, 2017
Location: Morinville, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Fresh Meat Operator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a forklift in a safe manner to move fresh ingredients to the Cozzini blending equipment.
- Follow an established formula to mix fresh ingredients.
- Follow consistent batching processes to ensure a constant flow of blended fresh material to the extrusion line.
- Complete and process all required paperwork according to established departmental policies and practices.
- Use the ERP system to issue, document, and inventory all related items in the Production department.
- Participate in set-up and tear-down sanitation processes.
- Participate in annual physical inventory as determined by the Company.
- Ensure the cleanliness of work areas is maintained according to established timelines and procedures, and in accordance with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and health and safety regulations.
- Commit to personal compliance with the Company’s policies, practices, and procedures related to health and safety, food safety, and the environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Forklift training and/or certification, with demonstrated ability to safety operate a forklift.
- Minimum three years’ experience operating a forklift.
- Experience with food processing and/or blending equipment.
- Strong basic mathematical skills, with ability to accurately weigh and measure items.
- Strong sense of logic and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail in all areas of work, in particular with ensuring accuracy of formulas.
- Good organizational abilities, including planning, prioritizing, and executing tasks.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to accurately complete required paperwork.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Shift work is required.
- Overtime may be required.
- Job duties require physical exertion, including manually lifting up to 25 kg while using established safe lift procedures.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15596761.