The position of Fresh Meat Receiver (FMR) has primary responsibility for ensuring the accurate and timely reception and processing of incoming shipments of fresh meat to be used in the extrusion process at the Company’s Morinville Kitchens. This position is required to manage the secure and accurate unloading of deliveries by safely and efficiently operate relevant equipment, and for managing inventory by conducting a daily audit to ensure stock levels will adequately meet scheduled production requirements.
Posted On: Mon Aug 01, 2016
Location: Morinville, Alberta Canada
Salary: Starting rate: $18.00/hr
Shift: Day, Rotating
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Fresh Meat Receiver (Forklift Operator)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Champion Petfoods LP is looking for an experienced, task-oriented individual to fill the position of FMR. This position is responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepare receiving dock to accept incoming stock and match received stock with Purchase Orders.
- Perform audit of received stock to ensure quality and accuracy of quantity, reporting problems and/or discrepancies to FMR Shift Leader in a timely manner.
- Operate a Forklift in a safe manner to off-load trucks and move received stock.
- Sort, distribute, and store incoming shipments.
- Reload empty bins onto outgoing trucks.
- Complete and process all required paperwork according to established departmental policies and practices.
- Participate in annual physical inventory as determined by the Company.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the receiving areas is maintained according to established timelines and procedures, and in accordance with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and health and safety regulations.
- Commit to personal compliance with the Company’s policies, practices, and procedures related to health and safety, food safety, and the environment.
- Conduct daily forklift inspections.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Requirements:
Reporting to the FRM Team Leader and Production Supervisor, the FMR works out of our production facility located in Morinville, Alberta. The position requires:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a Shipping or Receiving role.
- Forklift training and/or certification, with demonstrated ability to safety operate a forklift.
- Proficiency with an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Strong basic mathematical skills, with ability to accurately weigh and measure items.
- Strong sense of logic and problem solving skills, with attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational abilities, including planning, prioritizing, and executing tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to accurately complete required paperwork.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic good physical fitness with ability to lift heavy loads, while adhering to safe lifting procedures.
Working conditions are within a pet food production environment, with exposure to dust, noise, odours, and fluctuating temperatures. This position works in a cool and wet environment. Standing for extended periods of time and heavy lifting up to 25 kg may be required. This position is scheduled to work a weekend-only shift: Friday to Sunday. Initially this position will work straight day shift: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., before moving to a rotating schedule, rotating between 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 3 a.m. every two weeks. Overtime, evening premium, and weekend premium rates apply, based on Company policy.
Champion Petfoods LP offers a comprehensive compensation program, including:
- Competitive hourly wage; starting rate is $18.00 / hr.
- Shift premiums for working evening shift and weekend shift.
- Group benefits after a three-month waiting period, offering a Health Care Spending Account, Drug Card, and Lifestyle Account after one year of continuous employment.
- Employee Assistance Program, offered to employees right from their date of hire at no cost to the employee.
- RRSP/DPSP, eligible to employees after three months of continuous employment; Champion Petfoods will match 3% on an annual basis, up to a maximum of $4,000.
- Annual bonus incentive program, based on performance, target percentage fluctuate on an annual basis.
- Accrual of three weeks’ vacation after one year of continuous employment.
- Forty-eight hours of discretionary time, for employees who need to take a sick day or have an appointment scheduled.
- Half-price pet food for employees’ own pets, and one free bag of cat or dog food per month once the employee completes three months of continuous employment.
Why Work For Champion Petfoods?
Makers of Biologically Appropriate dog and cat food, made from Fresh Regional Ingredients, and Never Outsourced! Our BA.FRI.NO Mission is our way of life. Champion Petfoods is a world-renowned company known for making a quality product, shipping to over 70 countries around the world. We offer a stable and dynamic work environment, with excellent opportunities for career advancement for employees who have what it takes.
Champion Petfoods started as a family run organization in 1985, and to this day we retain many of those family-oriented values. We are a team, working together to enhance the lives of dogs and cats everywhere.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.