Reporting to the Director of Global Human Resources & Talent Development, the Human Resources Manager, Canadian Operations will assist in the overall HR guidance and support to our key Canadian operations. You will promote alignment and successful implementation of programs and processes that contribute to the development of our global High Performance Team culture. The HR Manager is both a critical and hands-on role that is responsible for the people initiatives, and supporting the growth and transformation of HR functional excellence.
Posted On: Fri Oct 07, 2016
Location: Morinville, Alberta Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Human Resources Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a strategic HR advisor to leaders within the organization, understanding the business's internal and its external environment
- Building relationships at key levels to gain commitment that HR can contribute to business results
- Ensure that operational excellence in HR is delivered by providing best in class HR service delivery
- Support a consistent, one-team unified approach demonstrated through delivery of global HR principles, practices and policies;
- Work closely with our key operations leaders and employees to improve working relationships, build engagement, increase productivity, manage performance and attract and retain talent
- Partner with HR Centers of Excellence (COE’s) resources/shared service providers to ensure timely and high quality delivery of HR services/programs
- Ensure HR strategy is cascaded and integrated into business strategy and workforce plan
- Provides talent/performance management guidance and coaching to management/employees (coaching, career development, disciplinary actions, crisis relations)
- Analyze trends/metrics to identify problems & develop relevant HR solutions, programs/policies for the assigned business
- Communicate / educate / train leaders and employees on significant, relevant changes in HR programs
- Understand legal requirements at execution level related to management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Identify training and leadership development needs for assigned business as a systemic strategy
- Act as a key contributor and change agent in the transformation of HR and the traditional field role to one that is more strategic; support our global growth
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5 + years of related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills in facilitation, coaching, and conflict resolution
- Proven ability to work independently, take initiative, and work to plan
- Highly proficient analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Highly proficient use of HR Systems
- Work collaboratively, leveraging COE’s/Shared Services
- Proven abilities in coaching and assessing talent
- Influencing without authority
- Strong business acumen - Know how the business works/how people get things done. Understands the internal and external environment.
- Trusted, confident with perspective
- High integrity with strong customer focus
- Builds strong relationships – able to identify key professional working relationships and works to develop them; Works to develop successful relationships with their own organizational members and with peers and colleagues within their own network.
- Drive strategic human resource and talent management issues to execution
- Can successfully manage organization change – communicates effectively, able to influence at all level and make compelling cases for solutions
- Deals well with ambiguity – effectively copes with change, anticipates impact of change; plans how to shift gears; can decide and act without having the total picture; rises to the challenge, accepting uncertainty as normal
- Work well across boundaries and demonstrate adaptability when facing ambiguity, working with other HR professionals to continuously improve
- Demonstrates organizational agility – understands and appreciates the origins and reasoning behind key practices and procedures and is involved in their evolution
- Develops creative solutions - Supports and implements new methods and processes; Brainstorms to identify multiple solutions to problems; Proactively seeks to test, validate, modify, and improve new ideas or methods to make them as effective as possible
Makers of Biologically Appropriate dog and cat food, made from Fresh Regional Ingredients, and Never Outsourced! Our BA.FRI.NO Mission is our way of life. Champion Petfoods is a world-renowned company known for making a quality product, shipping to over 70 countries around the world. We offer a stable and dynamic work environment, with excellent opportunities for career advancement for employees who have what it takes.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.