The Journeyman Electrician has primary responsibility for the provision of electrical services to the Company’s production Kitchens and Warehouses in Morinville, AB. This position is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and overall functionality of all of all electrical systems and equipment. The Journeyman Electrician works out of our Morinville Kitchens and Warehouses, and reports to the Supervisor, Maintenance.
Posted On: Thu Jun 01, 2017
Location: Morinville, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform regularly scheduled checks of electrical units to ensure they are functioning properly, using and handling electrical testing and repair tools in a safe manner.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all electrical inventories, including placing orders for parts and/or equipment.
- Maintain an accurate and complete log of electrical repair and maintenance work activities.
- Perform department PMs, including but not limited to, cleaning, lubricating and completing other routine maintenance work.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment as directed.
- Troubleshoot machine and production problems by diagnosing defects in equipment.
- Efficiently set up, inspect, and shut down production-related equipment when required to do so.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Comply with all safety training and departmental SOPs, and with all regulations relating to equipment and chemical approvals for a food manufacturing facility.
- Participate in departmental housekeeping practices, i.e. keeping the maintenance shop and surrounding area clean, as well as metal rack, outside scrap bins, and the welding station, and participate in dismantling and assembling equipment and machines for deep cleaning purposes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant industry technologies and codes.
- Develop and demonstrate awareness and understanding of corporate policies, practices and procedures regarding health and safety and the environment and commit to personal compliance with same.
- Perform other tasks as required or assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- Journeyman Electrician certification, plus three to five years’ work experience, providing opportunity to develop sound understanding of the safe handling and use of electrical repair tools and equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of variable frequency drives (VFD) and programmable logic controller (PLC).
- Competent in the use of basic computer programs and experienced with programming PLC, DeviceNet, and Ethernet.
- Ability to identify technical malfunctions in electrical units.
- Self-directed, with ability to work successfully both independently and within a team environment
- Good organizational abilities, including planning and execution skills, with attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, and good interpersonal skills that create ability to work successfully with diverse groups within a team environment.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Operations run 24/7, with a 4-on/4-off 12-hour shift rotation schedule required.
- Overtime as required.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15606231.