The position of Journeyman Millwright is responsible for installing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing production-related equipment in the Company’s pet food production facility in Morinville, AB. This position is required to interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics and drawings to determine work procedures, and must be able to perform basic level welding, brazing, flame cutting and electric arc welding. The Journeyman Millwright is also responsible for ensuring equipment modifications are properly conducted in order to minimize risk of cross-contamination and ensure product quality and safety. The Journeyman Millwright works out of our Morinville Kitchens and Warehouses, and reports to the Supervisor, Maintenance.
Posted On: Fri Feb 10, 2017
Location: Morinville, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair and maintain, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments.
- Perform department PMs, including but not limited to, cleaning, lubricating and completing other routine maintenance work.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment as directed.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Troubleshoot machine and production problems by diagnosing defects in equipment through observation of mechanical devices in operation and examining form and texture of product to detect imperfections.
- Efficiently set up, inspect, and shut down production-related equipment when required to do so.
- Competently operate and monitor any mechanical controls on equipment.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Comply with all safety training and departmental SOPs, and with all regulations relating to equipment and chemical approvals for a food manufacturing facility.
- Participate in departmental housekeeping practices, i.e. keeping the maintenance shop and surrounding area clean, as well as metal rack, outside scrap bins, and the welding station, and participate in dismantling and assembling equipment and machines for deep cleaning purposes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant industry technologies and codes.
- Develop and demonstrate awareness and understanding of corporate policies, practices and procedures regarding health and safety and the environment and commit to personal compliance with same.
- Perform other tasks as required or assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- Journeyman Millwright certification, plus three to five years’ related work experience creating opportunity to develop solid technical knowledge and understanding of conveyors, industrial/stationary engines, pumps, compressors, grinders, welding equipment, power tools, fans/blowers, hydraulic systems, and high speed packaging equipment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good organizational abilities, including planning and execution skills, with attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, and good interpersonal skills that create ability to work successfully with diverse groups within a team environment.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Work environment is in a pet food production facility.
- Operations run 24/7, with a 4-on/4-off 12-hour shift rotation schedule, or a 10-hour weekend schedule is required.
- Overtime as required.
- Requires the ability to physically inspect company equipment, property and assets, including performing basic level welding, brazing, flame cutting and electric arc welding in horizontal position.
- Regularly required to work at heights; fall arrest training to be provided by the Company.
- Heavy lifting.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15543771.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.