The Laboratory Quality Technician works under the guidance of the Laboratory Team Leader and the Quality Assurance Manager to ensure that the flow and testing of materials is completed in a timely manner. The position of Quality Technician demands that all Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) are adhered to and ensures that the quality laboratory maintains the highest level of efficiency. The Quality Technician supports company initiatives to achieve goals and objectives set by our BAFRINO Mission and the Champion Petfoods Vision: To Be Trusted By Pet Lovers Everywhere.
Posted On: Thu May 25, 2017
Location: Auburn Kentucky, United States
Salary: $19.38/hr, top out $22.44/hr
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Laboratory Quality Technician
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine and specialized technical procedures as dictated by laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), evaluating work performed by fellow Quality Technicians for quality assurance and GLP/GDP compliance and handling procedural and technical laboratory problems as they arise.
- Supports the Laboratory Team Leader to ensure proper function of laboratory equipment and requisite compliance through preparation and maintenance of applicable records.
- Monitors turnaround times and performs technical and administrative quality control checks on outgoing data to ensure accuracy.
- Supports Laboratory Team Leader in the IQ, OQ, and PQ (Installation, Operational, and Performance Qualifications) of new instrumentation and equipment set up in the laboratory, as assigned.
- Contributes to a safe and efficient laboratory environment by using good laboratory and housekeeping practices.
- Creates and revises SOPs and other documentation, as needed.
- Ensures that all controlled documentation is current, legible, readily understood, complete and accurate, and in compliance with all applicable procedures and specifications.
- Makes recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Becomes familiar with, and assists in the training of, company HACCP regulations and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area in accordance with established corporate policies and procedures, and health and safety regulations
- Works to ensure the BAFRINO Mission, Vision, Core Values, and Culture of Champion Petfoods is understood and followed, demonstrated by her/his behavior of leading by example.
- Performs additional assignments per the direction of the Laboratory Team Leader or the Quality Manager.
Education and Requirements:
- B.Sc. Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related field preferred. Commensurate experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, GLP, GMP, Food Safety, and Quality.
- Knowledge of process control and general food manufacturing principles.
- Strong communication, analytical, and interpretive skills.
- Ability to set priorities, utilize and coordinate resources, and manage projects from start to finish with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team across organization boundaries with diverse teams in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Proficient/Experience in Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and Quality Assurance laboratory workflow.
- Proficient skills in MS Office Suite.
- Availability to work 1st or 2nd shift as assigned, with the possibility of required overtime.
- Willing to work any shift as necessary.
- Willingness to adhere to strict quality and safety standards.
- Travel to off-site locations may be required.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.