Champion Petfoods LP is looking for an experienced, career-oriented individual to fill the position of Mixer Operator.
The position of Mixer Operator has primary responsibility for operating and maintaining the grinding and mixing equipment in order to meet scheduled production requirements. By consulting with the Supervisor, Mixing and checking the production schedule, this position is responsible for determining requirements for production, checking ingredient levels, and coordinating grinding and mixing processes.
The Mixer Operator is responsible for the following tasks:
- Consult with the Supervisor, Mixing and Mixer Operators from the previous shift to determine the status of the grinding and mixing equipment.
- Consult the production schedule to determine requirements and priorities of processed ingredients, check levels of all ingredients, and coordinate the grinding and mixing processes.
- Provide assistance in conducting a daily inventory of all bulk and liquid ingredients, recording bin check, regular bulk inventory, and part bag count inventory.
- Provide assistance, as required, regarding the unloading of trucks so as to best accommodate production requirements, customer requirements, and our carriers.
- Ensure that production and maintenance records are accurately maintained and that issues or errors are reported to the Supervisor, Mixing on a timely basis.
- Participate in annual physical inventory as determined by the Company.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the mixing and receiving areas is maintained according to established timelines and procedures, and in accordance with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and health and safety regulations.
- Commit to personal compliance with the Company’s policies, practices, and procedures related to health and safety, food safety, and the environment.
Reporting to the Mixing Supervisor, the Mixer Operator works out of our production facility located in Morinville, Alberta. The position requires:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two to three years’ experience operating food processing machinery.
- Mechanical aptitude and adept with tools and equipment, including ability to safely operate a forklift
- Certification and/or ability to operate a forklift would be an asset.
- Strong sense of logic and problem solving skills, with attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to accurately complete required paperwork.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic good physical fitness with ability to lift heavy loads.
Working conditions are within a pet food production environment, with exposure to dust, noise, odours, and fluctuating temperatures. Standing for extended periods of time and heavy lifting up to 25 kg may be required. Job duties include working at heights and in confined spaces. Shift work is mandatory for this position, working a compressed work week of 4-on/4-off 12-hour shifts, rotating between day shift and night shift every two 4-day cycles. Overtime may be required; overtime, evening premium, and weekend premium rates apply.
Champion Petfoods LP offers a comprehensive compensation program, including:
- Competitive hourly wage.
- Group benefits after a three-month waiting period, offering a Health Care Spending Account, Drug Card, and Lifestyle Account after one year of continuous employment.
- Employee Assistance Program, offered to employees right from their date of hire at no cost to the employee.
- RRSP/DPSP, eligible to employees after three months of continuous employment; Champion Petfoods will match 3% on an annual basis, up to a maximum of $4,000.
- Annual bonus incentive program, based on performance, target percentage fluctuate on an annual basis.
- Accrual of three weeks’ vacation after one year of continuous employment.
- Forty-eight hours of discretionary time, for employees who need to take a sick day or have an appointment scheduled.
- Half-price pet food for employees’ own pets, and one free bag of cat or dog food per month once the employee completes three months of continuous employment.
Makers of Biologically Appropriate dog and cat food, made from Fresh Regional Ingredients, and Never Outsourced! Our BA.FRI.NO Mission is our way of life. Champion Petfoods is a world-renowned company known for making a quality product, shipping to over 70 countries around the world. We offer a stable and dynamic work environment, with excellent opportunities for career advancement for employees who have what it takes.
Champion Petfoods started as a family run organization in 1985, and to this day we retain many of those family-oriented values. We are a team, working together to enhance the lives of dogs and cats everywhere.