The position of Mixer Operator has primary responsibility for operating and maintaining the grinding and mixing equipment in order to meet scheduled production requirements. By consulting with the Supervisor, Mixing and checking the production schedule, this position is responsible for determining requirements for production, checking ingredient levels, and coordinating grinding and mixing processes.
Posted On: Fri Jun 09, 2017
Location: Morinville, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with the Supervisor, Mixing and Mixer Operators from the previous shift to determine the status of the grinding and mixing equipment.
- Consult the production schedule to determine requirements and priorities of processed ingredients, check levels of all ingredients, and coordinate the grinding and mixing processes.
- Provide assistance in conducting a daily inventory of all bulk and liquid ingredients, recording bin check, regular bulk inventory, and part bag count inventory.
- Provide assistance, as required, regarding the unloading of trucks so as to best accommodate production requirements, customer requirements, and our carriers.
- Ensure that production and maintenance records are accurately maintained and that issues or errors are reported to the Supervisor, Mixing on a timely basis.
- Participate in annual physical inventory as determined by the Company.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the mixing and receiving areas is maintained according to established timelines and procedures, and in accordance with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and health and safety regulations.
- Commit to personal compliance with the Company’s policies, practices, and procedures related to health and safety, food safety, and the environment.
- Participate in mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two to three years’ experience operating food processing machinery.
- Mechanical aptitude and adept with tools and equipment, including ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Experience and/or certification with confined space entry and fall arrest.
- Proficiency with an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Certification and/or ability to operate a forklift would be an asset.
- Strong sense of logic and problem solving skills, with attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to accurately complete required paperwork.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic good physical fitness with ability to lift heavy loads.
- Shift work required.
- Overtime may be required.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15608971.