Champion Petfoods is looks for an experienced, career-oriented individual to fill two positions of Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician at our Kentucky Kitchens.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and/or repairing the Company’s manufacturing systems in the Auburn, KY facility. This position is a multi-skill position that is required to diagnose defects in equipment and repairing or replacing of defective parts, as well as adjusting functional parts. In addition, the position must be able to provide emergency repairs of equipment during production, in a safe and effective manner. The Maintenance Technician is also responsible for identifying any unsafe work conditions and taking appropriate actions to remediate any issues. This position plays a critical role in continuous improvement through identifying both equipment and procedural changes. Supports company initiatives to achieve goals and objectives set by our BAFRINO mandate and the Champion Petfoods vision “to be trusted by pet lovers worldwide.”
Working out of our state-of-the-art facility in Auburn, Kentucky, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the following tasks:
- Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments.
- Provide both emergency repairs and scheduled maintenance of production equipment, including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and troubleshooting of production machines.
- Diagnose defects in equipment by observing mechanical devices in operation and listening to their sounds to locate causes of trouble, and examining form and texture of product to detect imperfections.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts, using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Communicates any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Tests repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Cleans, lubricates and performs other maintenance work.
- Keeps detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Maintains a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques.
- Responsible for the knowledge and understanding of all company policies and regulations. Works to ensure BAFRINO Mission, Vision, Core Values and Culture is understood, starting with her/his behavior of leading by example.
- Other mechanical repair work as required.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician requires the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a maintenance technician in a manufacturing environment or a combination of experience and education
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Strong basic mathematical skills and solid basic computer competency.
- Possess strong aptitude in pumps and steam generation.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-directed, with ability to successfully work independently and good interpersonal skills with ability to successfully work with diverse groups within a fast paced, team environment.
- Effective attention to detail, sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills.
- Commitment to promoting and supporting health and safety in the workplace.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
Working conditions are in a pet food production facility, with exposure to dust, noise, odours, and fluctuating temperatures; work activities will include both indoor and outdoor environments. Travel to off-site locations may be required. The position must be able to physically lift up to 50 lbs, and able to regularly work at height with company-provided training. 24/7 availability may be required, with the ability to work any shift as necessary. Overtime may be required. The position must be able to properly use safety equipment required for the job or task.
Champion Petfoods offers a competitive salary and compensation program. Full details are available upon request.
Makers of Biologically Appropriate dog and cat food, made from Fresh Regional Ingredients, and Never Outsourced! Our BA.FRI.NO Mission is our way of life. Champion Petfoods is a world-renowned company known for making a quality product, shipping to over 70 countries around the world. We offer a stable and dynamic work environment, with excellent opportunities for career advancement for employees who have what it takes.
Champion Petfoods started as a family run organization in 1985, and to this day we retain many of those family-oriented values. We are a team, working together to enhance the lives of dogs and cats everywhere.