Champion Petfoods is looking for an experienced, results-oriented, and interpersonal professional to fill the position of Nation Sales Manager, United States.
The National Sales Manager, US is directly accountable for managing sales in the US market, aligning them with sales and marketing strategy and achieving goals and targets established by the company leadership team. This position is also responsible for providing leadership through effective communication of company vision, active coaching and leadership, and analysis of sales targets and goals. The National Sales Manager, US is a remote position, extensive travel is required, and the position reports directly to the VP, Customer Engagement.
This position is responsible for the following tasks:
- Direct accountability for managing sales in the U.S. market, align the sales function with the Sales and Marketing strategy, achieving goals and targets as established with the VP of Customer Engagement.
- Responsible for supporting a successful, professional U.S. sales and distributor network capable of supporting Champion’s brands and implementing market development strategies.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Responsible for distributor and key retailer relations, including preparing and delivering relevant reports, operating budgets and sales forecasts, and participating in developing and implementing Sales and Marketing strategy.
- Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies.
- Attend clinical meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate.
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Manage sales team personnel including mentoring, establishing and reviewing performance objectives.
- Sales forecasts and budgets are developed & monitored by portfolio and brand and comprehensive reports are completed regarding the status of sales and activities of each territory, including variance analyses and assessments regarding market potential and distributor capabilities.
- Creation and implementation of sales strategies and plans in order to grow sales in key markets within all product categories.
- Manage and grow key accounts to achieve objects including developing deep customer interface and relationship.
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Responsible for building professional and productive business relationships with distributor and retail accounts.
- Ensuring Merchandising and Branding levels are upheld at retail by working with Champion retail distributors. Including MAP pricing policies.
- Assisting direct reports in identifying, targeting, securing and servicing retail accounts in their respective territories.
- Manages the business activities of the sales force and contract employees while demonstrating a level of professionalism that promotes the Company’s corporate culture and industry image.
- Manages sales teams’ compliance with corporate policies, practices and procedures regarding health and safety and the environment.
Knowledge, skills, and experience required for this position include:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Business or a related field; 10 plus years related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience that indicates an established track record in a Sales Management role.
- 5-8 years’ experience successfully managing a large sales force, including hiring, training, and practicing performance management principles is preferred.
- Results-oriented with demonstrated business skills related to goal setting, budgeting, reporting, and analytical abilities to assess and interpret results.
- Flexibility to travel at least 50-60 % of the time within the US and Canada.
- Strong Leadership/Team Player skills and abilities to apply strategic thinking, execute effectively and build strong teams.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with ability to develop and deliver presentations and to knowledgeably and charismatically respond to questions from peer groups, clients, customers and the general public.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and good listening skills with ability to work successfully with diverse groups, as well as independently.
- Promotes/fosters a positive work environment.
- Uses a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Builds effective and inclusive relationships with employees at various levels.
- Executes effectively and drives change.
- Constructively mentors more junior members of the team.
- May partner and collaborate across organizational boundaries.
- Experience successfully managing a consumer goods sales force, including hiring, training, and practicing performance management principles is preferred.
- Results-oriented with demonstrated business skills related to goal setting, budgeting and reporting, and analytical abilities to assess and interpret results.
- Problem solving and analytical capabilities to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, volumes, etc. and to manage abstract and/or concrete variables.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and Microsoft outlook.
- Fluent in English; ability to communicate effectively in other languages is an asset but not a requirement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and flexibility to travel.
This position works out of a home-based office, with extensive travel; travelling allowances are provided, as per company policy. Extended hours of work will be expected, as necessary. Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computer and peripherals, and the ability to conduct presentations and meetings.
Champion Petfoods offers a competitive salary and compensation program. Full details are available upon request.
Makers of Biologically Appropriate dog and cat food, made from Fresh Regional Ingredients, and Never Outsourced! Our BA.FRI.NO Mission is our way of life. Champion Petfoods is a world-renowned company known for making a quality product, shipping to over 70 countries around the world. We offer a stable and dynamic work environment, with excellent opportunities for career advancement for employees who have what it takes.
Champion Petfoods started as a family run organization in 1985, and to this day we retain many of those family-oriented values. We are a team, working together to enhance the lives of dogs and cats everywhere.