The Night Manager, Production for our Morinville Kitchen will be the first point of contact when they are on shift for matters directly related to managing the production department. This position is responsible for the supervision, coordination, and effective scheduling of all Production Shift Supervisors, Team Leaders, and employees to meet production targets and quality standards. Through the effective management of targets, goals and production efficiencies, this position will ensure the ongoing success of the Production Kitchens. The Night Manager, Production works out of our production facility in Morinville, Alberta, and reports to the Manager, Production.
Posted On: Mon Jun 19, 2017
Location: Morinville, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Night Manager, Production- Morinville Kitchen
Duties and Responsibilities:
- After-hours planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the operations of all Production areas of the kitchen.
- Develop and implement plans to efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet production targets.
- Supervise and oversee training of employees in the use of equipment and/or production techniques.
- Development and execution of training program for new employees in the operation of blending and hammer mill, extrusion, and packaging equipment.
- Participate in the development of the production schedules and maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished products.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work ensuring the quality of the product exceeds standards.
- Support initiatives of the Quality Assurance department in implementation of food safety programs.
- Consistently ensure that all recipes manufactured are being produced according to the established formula specifications and quality assurance standards while maintaining high productivity levels.
- Train and monitor employees in cooking processes and practices.
- Work in collaboration with the Maintenance department to develop the Preventative Maintenance schedule and ensure it is completed in order to reduce downtime.
- Monitor food safety and food quality daily, including SQF; communicate or report any violations of food security or suspicious activity to the Manager, Kitchen.
- Demonstrated awareness and role modeling of occupational health and safety standards.
- Develop awareness and understanding of corporate policies, practices, and procedures related to health and safety and to the environment, and commit to personal compliance with same.
- Recommend the rebuilding of machines.
- Maintain a critical equipment spare parts inventory.
- Ensure GMP and Food Safety paperwork requirements are completed accurately.
- Perform additional assignments directed or required.
Education and Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field.
- Minimum five years of supervisory experience in production is required.
- Demonstrated motivating, training, appraising and general supervisory skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Exceptional demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and interpretive skills.
- ERP user experience.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and stakeholders.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team and independently.
- Excellent time, organization and prioritization skills.
- Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 4:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m., extended hours of work may be required, based on production requirements.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15612421.