The Packager Operator has primary responsibility for ensuring that all packaging of product is undertaken and executed according to established specifications that include emphasis on health and safety, food safety and quality, and efficiency. This position is required to assess the presentation of packaged product on a regular basis and to ensure timely communication with the Production Supervisor and Production Team Leader regarding packaging issues or complaints.
Posted On: Mon May 01, 2017
Location: Morinville, Alberta, Canada
Salary: $17.80 / hr.
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate packaging production schedules with the Packaging Team Leader and the Production Shift Supervisor.
- Ensure empty packaging specifications and construction are suitable for applicable product and production runs.
- Operate automated packaging equipment in a safe and efficient manner; gaining and implementing a fluent knowledge-base of how our packaging equipment works.
- Participate in set-up and tear-down sanitation processes.
- Conduct visual inspection to control any damaged or incorrect packaging and remove them from production.
- Perform required product tests, process all required paperwork, maintain timely and accurate records for reporting purposes according to established practices and procedures, and properly use and maintain the department’s inventory tracking system.
- Use the ERP system to issue, document, and inventory all related items in the Packaging department.
- Develop and maintain successful professional working relationships, including good communication practices, with relevant Production department staff.
- Participate in annual physical inventory as determined by the Company.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area according to established corporate policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Commit to personal compliance with the Company’s policies, practices, and procedures related to health and safety, food safety, and the environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Mechanical aptitude and adept with tools and equipment.
- Certification and/or ability to operate a forklift would be an asset.
- Strong sense of logic and problem solving skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to accurately complete required paperwork.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Good basic physical fitness with ability to lift heavy loads.
- Working conditions are in a pet food production environment.
- Shift work required (12-hour, 4-on/4-off shift rotation).
- Overtime may be required.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15545331.