The PLC Technician has primary responsibility for the troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of all PLC’s and electrical equipment in the Auburn, KY facility. PLC Technicians perform work of high skill in the inspection, calibration, repair, installation, and removal of all electronic and electrical kitchen equipment and systems. This position is required to work in collaboration and co-operation with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that relevant work schedules/orders are created and completed on time, and within budget.
Posted On: Tue Mar 07, 2017
Location: Auburn Kentucky, United States
Salary: $24.00 - $26.50 per hour; $3/hr premium, $0.50/hr shift differential
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform regularly scheduled checks of PLC’s and electrical systems to ensure proper functioning and system operations.
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and diagnose problems with limited supervision.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all electrical inventories, including placing orders for parts or equipment.
- Maintain an accurate and complete log of PLC and electrical repair and maintenance work activities.
- Liaise with co-workers and with staff of other departments in order to co-ordinate work activities within and between departments.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and compliance of corporate policies, practices and procedures regarding health, safety, and environmental.
Education and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or a GED equivalent, and electrician/PLC certification, license, degree, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of work experience as an Electrical/PLC Technician.
- Proven ability to develop sound understanding of the safe handling and use of electrical repair tools and equipment, as well as ability to troubleshoot and repair PLC/Electrical systems.
- Understand piping and instrument diagrams, signal flow diagrams, wiring diagrams, panel drawings, one-line drawings, loop sheets, and wire lists.
- Possess strong analytical, mathematical, and scientific aptitude and the patience to pursue complex problems methodically.
- Self-directed, with ability to work successfully both independently and within a team environment.
- Highly flexible, with ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Good organizational abilities, including planning and execution skills, with strong attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Ability to deal with people and/or diverse groups with sensitivity, tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
- Competent in the use of basic computer programs and experienced with programming Allen-Bradley PLC driven machinery.
- Working environment is in a state-of-the-art pet food production facility.
- Work activities will include both outdoor and indoor environments.
- Travel may be required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- This position requires shift work.
- Overtime may be required.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.