The Power Engineer, 4th Class is responsible for the safe and reliable operation of a pressure boiler and for generally supporting production operations through timely, efficient, and cost-effective maintenance of facility and process equipment. This position is also responsible for performing pre-operational equipment inspections and associated relevant preventative maintenance procedures of other production equipment in the Morinville Kitchens and Warehouses.
Posted On: Fri May 05, 2017
Location: Morinville, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Power Engineer, 4th Class
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safe and reliable operation of a pressure boiler.
- Support the Kitchen’s production operations through timely, efficient, and cost-effective maintenance of facility and process equipment.
- Perform department PMs, including but not limited to, cleaning, lubricating and completing other routine maintenance work.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment as directed.
- Troubleshoot machine and production problems by diagnosing defects in equipment.
- Efficiently set up, inspect, and shut down production-related equipment, when required.
- Competently operate and monitor any mechanical controls on equipment.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Develop and maintain good communication practices with Production staff to advise of lead times required to obtain maintenance parts and/or services, and with Maintenance co-workers to promote and support a positive and safe work environment.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Comply with all safety training and departmental standard operating procedures, and with all regulations relating to equipment and chemical approvals for a food production facility.
- Participate in departmental housekeeping practices.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant industry technologies and codes.
- Develop and demonstrate awareness and understanding of corporate policies, practices and procedures regarding health and safety and the environment and commit to personal compliance with same.
- Perform other tasks as required or assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate valid in the Province of Alberta.
- Minimum two years’ work experience performing repairs in a production facility environment.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, and ability to use power and manual tools.
- Ability to perform basic level welding, brazing, flame cutting and electric arc welding in horizontal position.
- Good organizational abilities, including planning and execution skills, with attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Strong basic mathematical skills and solid basic computer competency.
- Self-directed, with ability to successfully work independently, and good interpersonal skills with ability to successfully work with diverse groups in a team environment.
- Effective attention to detail, sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Commitment to promoting and supporting health and safety in the workplace
- Shift work is required.
- Overtime as required.
- Job duties require physical exertion, including manually lifting up to 25 kg while using established safe lifting procedures.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15594321.