The Production Process Technician will work in one of five production areas: Freeze Dry, Fresh, Dry Mix, Extrusion, or Packaging, in the Auburn, KY production facility. Individuals in these positions are responsible for tasks determined by the area in which they are working, and executing these tasks according to established specifications that include emphasis on quality, efficiency, and cost effectiveness. These positions are required to demonstrate the mechanical and technical skills necessary to operate the equipment safely and efficiently. The successful candidate for a Production Process Technologist plays a critical role in continuous improvement through identifying both equipment and procedural changes. These positions support company initiatives to achieve goals and objectives set by our BAFRINO Mission and the Champion Petfoods Vision: To Be Trusted By Pet Lovers Everywhere.
Posted On: Thu May 25, 2017
Location: Auburn Kentucky, United States
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Production Process Technician
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with the Team Leader and other team members to determine scheduled production runs and associated requirements.
- Operate automated and manual equipment in a safe and efficient manner, continually monitoring the equipment to ensure proper operation and material levels.
- Conduct visual inspection to control any damaged or incorrect packaging and remove same from production run(s).
- Process all required paperwork and maintain timely and accurate records for reporting purposes according to established practices and procedures.
- Perform daily inventory and accurately record levels.
- Participate in annual physical inventory as determined by the Company.
- Develop and maintain successful professional working relationships, including good communication practices, with relevant Production department staff.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area in accordance with established corporate policies, practices and health and safety regulations.
- Develop awareness and understanding of the Company’s policies, practices and procedures related to health and safety, food safety and the environment and commit to personal compliance with same.
- Support and represent the Company in community sponsored events.
- Perform additional assignments as per the Team Leader's or Production Manager’s direction.
Education and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2-3 years’ experience operating food processing machinery.
- Leadership skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and adept with tools and equipment, including ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Strong sense of logic and problem solving skills, with attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with ability to accurately complete required paperwork.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- 24/7 availability may be required.
- Willing to work any shift, as necessary.
- Willing to work overtime as required.
- Physical ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Travel to off-site locations may be required.
- Proper use of safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Work activities will include both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Regularly required to work at heights; fall arrest training to be provided by the Company.
To apply for this position, click the link: $17.34/hr, top out $19.89/hr.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.