The Production Team Leader has primary responsibility for facilitating all facets of the production process at the Company’s production Kitchens in Morinville, AB. This position is required to work closely with Production employees to ensure optimum staff performance and productivity, and for providing assistance to the Shift Supervisor, Production regarding the resolution of issues that may arise on shift. The Production Team Leader works out of our Morinville Kitchens, and reports to the Shift Supervisor, Production.
Posted On: Fri Feb 10, 2017
Location: Morinville, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Production Team Leader
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop work schedules and assignments, co-ordinating activities with other work units.
- Prepare and distribute order plans, working in conjunction with the Production Shift Supervisor to prioritize order plans.
- Monitor the completion of the production process to facilitate timely and effective product flow.
- Supervise staff execution of job duties to ensure that individual and departmental productivity standards are met and goals are achieved.
- Ensure that all quality issues are addressed to meet Company policies and expectations, reporting problems or discrepancies to the Shift Supervisor.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate records for reporting, tracking, and verifying production procedures and document and communicate issues to the Shift Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership, guidance and/or coaching to staff with respect to duties and responsibilities, solicit and document feedback from staff and provide feedback to the Shift Supervisor regarding staff performance reviews.
- Assist with the training and orientation of new staff and/or temporary work force employees.
- Participate in annual physical inventory as determined by the Company.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area in accordance with established corporate policies, procedures, and health and safety regulations.
- Develop awareness and understanding of corporate policies, practices and procedures related to health, safety, and the environment.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- Five years’ directly related work experience in a food or pet food production facility environment.
- Working knowledge of safe production and packing methods.
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate material handling equipment, including a forklift truck.
- Good basic mathematical skills, with ability to accurately weigh and measure items.
- Good problem solving skills and strong decision making skills.
- Reliable and dependable, with good time management, planning, prioritizing and execution skills, demonstrating attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-directed, with ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Working conditions are in a pet food production facility environment
- Shift work required.
- Overtime may be required.
- Job duties require physical exertion, including the ability to manually lift up to 25 kg while using established safe lift procedures.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15543811.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.