Champion Petfoods LP is looking for a detailed-oriented, organized, and analytical professional to fill the new position of Project Administrator, PMO.
The Project Administrator is responsible for providing support in project planning, such as scheduling meetings for company projects in various departments, taking meeting minutes, and retaining calendars and documentation pertaining to projects. The Project Administrator works out of Champion Petfoods’ corporate office in North-West Edmonton, Alberta, and reports to the PMO Manager.
The Project Administrator, PMO is responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide support in document retention.
- Scheduling meetings and taking meeting minutes.
- Develop presentations.
- Update and maintain the Champion Project Calendar.
- Place calls, and follow up on further correspondence.
- Assist with community relations.
- Assist in initial project planning, such as project charter, timeline, and budget development.
- Perform other related tasks, as assigned.
This position requires the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Post-secondary education or relevant experience.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in MS Office.
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, and other documentation.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid conflict resolution and people management skills.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team and independently.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
Working conditions are within a contemporary open-design office workspace, and may include working some time in a pet food production environment, with exposure to dust, noise, odours, and fluctuating temperatures. Regular hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computer and peripherals. Intermittent physical activity includes walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods of time. This position must be able to attend and/or conduct presentations and meetings. Overtime and weekend work may be required.
Champion Petfoods LP offers a comprehensive compensation program, including:
- Competitive salary.
- Group benefits after a three-month waiting period, offering a Health Care Spending Account, Drug Card, and Lifestyle Account after one year of continuous employment.
- Employee Assistance Program, offered to employees right from their date of hire at no cost to the employee.
- RRSP/DPSP, eligible to employees after three months of continuous employment; Champion Petfoods will match 3% on an annual basis, up to a maximum of $4,000.
- Annual bonus incentive program, based on performance, target percentage fluctuate on an annual basis.
- Accrual of three weeks’ vacation after one year of continuous employment.
- Forty-eight hours of discretionary time, for employees who need to take a sick day or have an appointment scheduled.
- Half-price pet food for employees’ own pets, and one free bag of cat or dog food per month once the employee completes three months of continuous employment.
Makers of Biologically Appropriate dog and cat food, made from Fresh Regional Ingredients, and Never Outsourced! Our BA.FRI.NO Mission is our way of life. Champion Petfoods is a world-renowned company known for making a quality product, shipping to over 70 countries around the world. We offer a stable and dynamic work environment, with excellent opportunities for career advancement for employees who have what it takes.
Champion Petfoods started as a family run organization in 1985, and to this day we retain many of those family-oriented values. We are a team, working together to enhance the lives of dogs and cats everywhere.