The Quality Assurance (QA) Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Technician is responsible for supporting and implementing Safe Quality Foods standard at Champion Petfoods. By developing, implementing, following, and promoting practices and procedures regarding product quality and food safety, as well as accurately documenting QA processes and test, sample, or audit results, this position will play a key role in implementing SQF and other food safety certifications in the Champion Petfoods Kitchens. The QA SQF Technician works out of our Morinville Kitchens, and reports to the Supervisor, QA.
Posted On: Wed Apr 19, 2017
Location: Morinville, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Quality Assurance Safe Quality Foods Technician
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the implementation of the SQF (Safe Quality Foods) standard.
- Developing, implementing, following, and promoting practices and procedures regarding product quality and food safety in accordance with the requirements of the SQF guidelines.
- Writing and reviewing SOPs to meet food safety and quality standard in accordance with the requirements of the SQF and other Food Safety Certification.
- Accurately documenting quality assurance processes and test, sampling or audit results.
- Reviewing records, filing and maintaining records in accordance with SQF requirements.
- Developing trend analysis, updating tracking spreadsheets, and creating reports, summaries, and protocols regarding SQF compliance.
- Preparing reports/summaries in a timely manner and communicating results to the appropriate QA team member and the Supervisor, QA.
- Additional QA tasks may include both floor technician and lab technician activities.
- Onsite and record verification of CCPs
- Conducting fundamental laboratory-based tasks, including sampling and sample shipping to 3rd party lab, testing, measuring, recording, and analyzing results.
- Performing quality control testing in accordance with established laboratory procedures.
- Assessing the results of quality checks, and for working with other members of the Quality Assurance team and Production Supervisors to respond quickly to potential problematic issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related scientific field.
- Current knowledge of food safety (HACCP) programs, GMP programs, and Quality systems.
- Experience implementing and operating a SQF system, or other GFSI standard system.
- Minimum 2-3 years related quality assurance work experience in a GFSI standard food production facility.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of chemical, biological, and physical testing and analyses, including the preparation of materials, equipment, and samples.
- Working knowledge of laboratory techniques, terminology, equipment and materials; ability to use and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Mathematical skills for use in computation of test results and trend analyses, and knowledge of data processing.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills, as well as effective time management skills.
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy, a high level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability, with demonstrated applicable ethics and due diligence qualities.
- Self-directed, capable of multi-tasking, detail-oriented, analytical thinking abilities, and strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with diverse individuals/groups.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanour.
- Ability to interface directly and successfully with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to understand and follow written and oral instruction.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Overtime may be required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and/or conduct meetings and presentations.
- Ability to physically inspect company property and assets, in order to meet food safety requirements.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15587271.