The Quality Assurance (QA) Technician is responsible for performing day-to-day QA activities such as testing ingredients, inspecting finished product, and reviewing and analyzing various manufacturing processes to ensure product safety, quality and regularity.
Posted On: Thu Apr 20, 2017
Location: Morinville, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Quality Assurance Technician
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and submit samples to in-house and 3rd party laboratory for microbiological, chemical and nutritional analysis.
- Assess the results of quality checks and promptly advise the QA Supervisor of questionable results or potential issues.
- Conduct pre-operation inspection environmental swabs to ensure the cleanliness of processing areas.
- Implement “Hold” procedures for suspect product and product evaluations.
- Assist with customer complaint investigations.
- Provide support for third party audits.
- Accurately document QA processes and sample test results, and maintain record-keeping in accordance with established laboratory requirements.
- Preparing reports/summaries in a timely manner and communicating results to the appropriate QA team member and the QA Supervisor.
- Assist with the development and delivery of QA/Product Safety Training procedures and practices for the Company’s Production department.
- Assist with the training of Quality programs and HACCP procedures.
- Implement the critical control point (CCP) policies in the production floor.
- Develop awareness and understanding of corporate policies, practices, and procedures related to Food Safety and HACCP.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- Degree or diploma in a related scientific field.
- Minimum 1 year related Quality Assurance experience in a fast paced production or manufacturing environment.
- Current knowledge of industry relevant laboratory, safety, and environmental standards.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of chemical, biological, and physical testing and analyses, including the preparation of materials, equipment, and samples.
- Working knowledge of laboratory techniques, terminology, equipment, and materials; ability to use and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Mathematical skills for use in computation of test results and trend analyses, and knowledge of data processing.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills, as well as effective time management skills.
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy, a high level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability, with demonstrated qualities of ethics and due diligence.
- Self-directed, capable of multi-tasking, detail-oriented, analytical thinking abilities, and strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanour.
- Ability to interface directly and successfully with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to understand and follow written and oral instruction.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Good eyesight and manual dexterity skills for working in a lab and to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Work environment is in a pet food production facility.
- Shift work is required (4-on/4-off 12-hour rotating shifts).
- Overtime may be required.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15593671.