The Receiving Logistics Coordinator has primary responsibility for contributing to the efficient day-to-day administration of the Company’s Kitchens and Operations in Morinville, AB, by providing services in the areas of Reception and Receiving Logistics. This position is required to support the work of management and staff within the Plant and to develop and sustain successful professional external working relationships. The Receiving Logistics Coordinator works out of our Morinville Operations office, and reports to the Manager, Supply Chain.
Posted On: Mon Feb 06, 2017
Location: Morinville, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Receiving Logistics Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist visitors to the Kitchens and Operations office in a professional manner, including notifying the appropriate staff member of the visitor.
- Answer general phone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner and direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff member.
- Reply to general information requests with accurate information.
- Deliver messages to and/or from staff to the appropriate Supervisor.
- Coordinate sending and receiving mail between the Morinville and Edmonton offices; prepare and send courier packages when needed.
- Receive requests for staff pet food bags, place orders with Edmonton Warehouse, and track orders with lot numbers.
- Arrange for pick-up of recycling and waste product.
- Receive and record Purchase Order information on appointment schedules for deliveries.
- Receive telephone calls from transportation companies to match to Purchase Orders and book delivery appointments in one of seven docks.
- Ensure the accuracy of weigh-in/out for trucks, reconcile any discrepancies and provide timely advice to Supervisor regarding discrepancies.
- Manage internal transfers from third-party site/warehouses.
- Act as liaison to suppliers when Supervisors are not available.
- Act as liaison with truck drivers when delays in receiving occur.
- Check-in truck shipments, co-ordinate ingredient arrivals with Supervisors/employees, and report to Supervisors and the Supply Chain Coordinator any change in ingredient receiving that may affect production.
- Receive and maintain accurate electronic files pertaining to P.O.s (Purchase Orders).
- Maintain professionalism and sense of discretion with employees, drivers, and visitors.
- Perform additional assignments as directed from the Manager, Supply Chain or the Supply Chain Coordinator.
Education and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED, with minimum two years’ experience in a logistics coordinator, dispatch, or related position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel) and in database management systems (i.e., Access, Visio).
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, internally and externally.
- Strong sense of diplomacy.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with ability to develop and sustain successful internal and external working relationships.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of staff and visitors in order to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and to make decisions to enhance organizational and logistical effectiveness.
- Self-directed, with excellent time management skills; planning, prioritizing and execution skills, with attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Ability to develop work schedules, set goals, create / implement actions plans and monitor progress towards goals; and good decision-making abilities.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15540031.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.