The Territory Sales Representative, British Columbia, is fluent in Champion Petfoods’ BAFRINO mission, and upholds our reputation of leadership and trust among distributor, retailer, and consumer customers. This position is responsible for building partnerships with retailers and distributors by understanding and supporting their businesses, and inspiring them with our vision, values, and BAFRINO mandate. The Territory Sales Representative, British Columbia is a remote position, extensive travel is required, and the position reports directly to the National Sales Manager, Canada.
Posted On: Wed Feb 22, 2017
Location: Remote Office
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Territory Sales Representative, British Columbia
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds partnerships with retailers and distributors by understanding and supporting their businesses, and inspiring them with our vision, values, and BAFRINO mandate.
- Delivers inspired education and training to the distributor sales force and retail partners.
- Establishing relationships of trust with distributor and retail partners.
- Provide expert knowledge in the presentation of Champion brands.
- Help retail partners build their business with Acana and Orijen brands.
- Increase product knowledge and sales expertise within the Company’s Canadian distribution channel by ensuring the provision of any required or beneficial education and training to sales representatives, distributors, and retail accounts, and ensuring all inquiries, issues or complaints are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Inspire distributor and retail accounts.
- Implement Champion Petfoods’ merchandizing and branding standards.
- Participate in shows and exhibitions.
- Assist in implementing sales/business plans for retail accounts and meet or speak with each monthly.
- Support merchandising and branding standards at the retail and distributor level, including the Company’s retail pricing (MSRP).
- Support Champion Petfoods’ sales strategies by reporting product performance, competitor, and industry intelligence.
- Achieve sales quotas and targets, and report on deviations.
- Participate in product development and business planning.
- Assess market potential and distributor capability, and make recommendations to the National Sales Manager, Canada.
- Document and classify retail account according to their sales potential.
- Perform other tasks as required or assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- Industry and product knowledge, honesty and trust are requisite.
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE – all aspects of ACANA and ORIJEN foods including Retailer Value Proposition (RVP) and key points of difference from competitor products.
- COMPETITOR KNOWLEDGE – advantages and disadvantages of all competitor product offerings from consumer and retailer POV.
- CUSTOMER KNOWLEDGE – understand how quality and value is determined by our retail customers.
- INDUSTRY KNOWELDGE – consumer, retailer and industry trends and how they affect our products and market.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, or a related field.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge base regarding product, competitors, customers, and market activities.
- Mathematical abilities to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, volumes, etc., and to manage abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and good listening skills, with ability to work successfully with diverse groups as well as independently.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Adobe products.
- Ability to communicate effectively in French would be an asset.
- Flexibility to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Works out of a home-based office, with extensive travel; travelling allowances are provided, as per company policy.
- Extended hours of work, as necessary.
- Ability to conduct presentations and meetings.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15553151.