The position of Warehouse Floor Support has primary responsibility for receiving packaged product from the Production Floor, ensuring it has met established quality assurance standards, and stocking the product in the warehouse in an efficient, orderly, and timely manner. This position is required to develop awareness and understanding of quality assurance standards, i.e., no broken bags or boxes, tightly and appropriately wrapped product, no excessive product bag overhang on the pallet, correct license plates, etc., in order to ensure that the packaged product reflects the Company’s standards and the customer’s expectations regarding a high quality product. The Warehouse Floor Support works out of our Morinville production warehouse, and reports to the Supervisor, Production Warehouse.
Posted On: Tue Mar 14, 2017
Location: Morinville, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Warehouse Floor Support- Night Shift
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain adequate supply of pallets for packaging lines, including cardboard and shrink wrap, and including the stocking and removal of totes.
- Receive packaged product ready for storage in the Warehouse from the packaging lines.
- Ensure adequate space is available for packaged product entering Warehouse storage.
- When receiving packaged product from the packaging lines, inspect to ensure the product has the highest quality level of presentation.
- Enter the correct information provided for product packaged from production runs into the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Ensure that the pallet license plate accurately displays the production lot number, product description and size, and best before date.
- Work closely with Packaging, to ensure additional or non-regular products are brought to attention when needed.
- Assist in maintaining the Warehouse in a neat and orderly manner by performing established good housekeeping fundamentals, i.e., fixing broken bags, dumping garbage, restacking pallets, etc. and keeping immediate work space free of clutter.
- Assist fellow employees with their job duties when time permits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum three years’ work experience in a warehouse or production environment.
- Experience with an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate material handling equipment, including a forklift truck.
- Physical ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting, with working knowledge of safe lifting methods.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Strong basic mathematical skills, with ability to accurately weigh and measure items.
- Self-directed, with ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Good organizational abilities, time management, and prioritizing skills, with strong attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs., no higher than shoulder-height.
- Overtime as required.
- Shift work required.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15565251.