The Warehouse Labeller has primary responsibility for ensuring the accurate and seamless processing of labelling of both Kibble and Freeze Dry food and treats, including conducting inspection of shipments to verify contents and quality. This position is required to regularly load and unload pallets, either manually or with the use of material handling equipment. The Warehouse Labeller works out of our Finished Goods Distribution Warehouse in North-West Edmonton, and reports to the Supervisor, Distribution Warehouse Labelling.
Posted On: Wed Apr 05, 2017
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Labelling of both Freeze Dry and Kibble for our export Markets.
- Packaging of Promotion items such as display cases and product strip clips.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior work experience in a warehouse packaging environment considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate material handling equipment.
- Forklift certification considered an asset.
- Physical ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting, with demonstrated knowledge of safe lifting methods.
- Good basic mathematical skills, with ability to weigh and measure items.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team.
- Self-directed, with strong work ethic.
- Work environment is in a pet food distribution warehouse, with exposure to dust, noise, and fluctuating temperatures.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required.
- Overtime as required.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15579601.