The Writer is the key individual responsible for using written word to tell the story of our brand. This position is responsible for developing copy for brochures, flyers, website, newsletters, PowerPoint slideshows, Point of Sale materials, and more, for various audiences. This position is also responsible for proofing and editing materials. The Writer works out of our corporate office in North-West Edmonton, and reports to the Senior Communications Specialist.
Posted On: Thu Jan 26, 2017
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Careers at Champion Petfoods
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creative word-crafting to write materials that tell the story of Champion Petfoods’ brand.
- Develop copy for brochures, flyers, website, newsletters, PowerPoint slideshows, Point of Sale material, etc., for different audiences.
- Edit copy to meet design parameters.
- Oversee the proofing process of packaging for Canadian, US, and international markets.
- Develop awareness and understanding of corporate policies, practices and procedures as they relate to health and safety and to the environment and commit to personal compliance with same.
- Perform other duties as required and requested.
Education and Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Journalism, English, or related field.
- Intermediate to Senior Writer, with 3+ years experience.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Excellent proofer and editor, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of Canadian and US grammar and punctuation.
- Extremely strong and effective communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with diverse groups.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in MS Office a must; understanding InDesign an asset.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Professional appearance and manner.
To apply for this position, click the link: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15540061.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.